My first Post!!

I am starting with a semi-urban fair called rural Mela.Though there was not much rural except for the name.R.nagar is a semi-urban area except for its educational institutions out of which NIRD is treated as a landmark and it was hosting the fair.
I was expecting to see raw rurality at its best like animals,pottery,sculpture,rural folk and all that.A bit disappointed, but none the less, I found was wooden and paper handicrafts at their best.The dig-dig toy,the Sayonara fan,the beautiful bangles & key chains,pretty jewellery boxes,cheap and good looking paper bags are the stuff which I actually enjoyed.There were items of bamboo and jute like bags and even lanterns.
Yes how can I forget,clothes which they were selling as Kochapalli but designs resembled Sambalpuri and bags and wall hangings of appilique which reminisced me of my own place..I enjoyed Masala corn and happily came back after satisfying my shopper's appetite..

Comments

  1. Good start. As well said, the secret of getting ahead is getting started. well and vivid description of Mela. well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. in my view this is a nice starting by you
    rajveer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Changing food habits of India- Do we recognise this business opportunity ??

The Rising Sun !!