The Power of Holi


It started with young Prahlad spreading colors of truth,persistence and faith in God in this world,Holi will ever remain one of the energetic festivals in this world..

The best holi of my life still is the Holi of Ravenshaw in year 2002.I was the only kid of intermediate staying with the graduates in the Graduation block,then called Daya,while all my batchees stayed in Devi.I was obviously the youngest.Initially it was a little awkward but I ended up being the best buddy to most of them later.

The Holi I am talking about is when I initially had not mingled with them.I was not talking much to them.In the morning I woke up to their screams near the wash basin.My room mates included a final year student Lipika Mohanty. She was the show stopper of the wHOLe HOoLIganism show taking place there.

So of course they pulled me out of the room with the greatest ease and each one of them got the much sought after chance and some even got two to lift me up and put me to containers of their choice with colors in it.I now knew how the kids of my neighbourhood must have felt when I torchered them every Holi..Anyways after a while I started smiling and they started wondering.Yes that was the Ice breaker(In the night,all tired but they still could not help massage and apply all lotions and oils to me).
And we lived happily ever after!(The next Holi I was the show stopper,I took the baton from Lipika Di though I never managed to cross her bench mark of hooliganism)

Human nature is so strange.

Hmm,Holi played with a little care and caution can do wonders!!!What say??

Popular posts from this blog

Changing food habits of India- Do we recognise this business opportunity ??

My first Post!!

The Rising Sun !!