Back to Square One !!!!

It was a crowded junction...... Cars were rushing in from everywhere. Headlights were flashing all over.It was a red signal For a second my heart stopped beating when I slipped while I was walking on the unstructured footpath, but the very next moment without realizing the heart rate eased as I found my father holding my hand and pointing me towards the walkway. He was saying "Rise daughter, you still have miles to go". Crossing the street and reaching home wasn’t so difficult after that; I followed his league.

While growing up we all learn to do things on our own. Sometimes we feel we have become so efficient that we don’t need anyone else’s help. We can sustain ourself, we are self-sufficient, and we can take our own decisions.

But then such incidents happen and bring us right back to square one and we ponder over the fact— what are we without the people in our lives... Our parents have given birth to us.. Even today after becoming a grown up crossing a busy street increases the heart rate and his presence calms it down. My bapa was the first hero of my life, even after I saw Shahrukh Khan battling 10 goons single handedly; not that my father did anything of that sort! But in every other aspect, no matter how many guys I meet, no matter how many impress me, no matter who I end up with,I don’t think anyone can match up to my father, not because of his care but because of the person he has been...

I read it somewhere that We choose our mother in every birth and father comes as the next choice which is optional to us, we can choose to exercise or not exercise it.... Looking at my father....I feel that he must have been the chosen soul.... He is my mother...

My father and I have exchanged many emotional moments- the conventional father-daughter conversations.And seeing him I still weep like a toddler, decisions become easy, and unusually enough he feels that I have been very strong but I wonder whether he knows about the source of my strength. He hugs me tight.My body becomes disconnected with my mind and I can just let myself go..

As they say Life is not always a bed of roses. There are conflicts; there are Misunderstandings,Frustrations,Sorrow.... In short there are lessons and there is self awareness, which I have to walk by myself, he won't be able to help there....But he has let me make my own mistakes, trusted me to do few things on my own. And he is always there with his "It's ok... Sweetheart !!" expression on his face... Today as I make the biggest decision of my life, I am feeling the same way how it felt when I went school for the first time...My first day at school.....Uncertain......Taking one step at a time.. He says I was a good kid......I just knew how to do it...Once we reached the schoolgate...I let his finger go...and quietly walked in....He never had to remind me of my homework......I knew.... I discovered things for myself ... I took one step at a time...

I remember my first travel from Sambalpur to Bhubaneswar by night bus... It is 350 kms, an overnight journey... He was quite carefree...He did expose me to all the bad scenarios possible and that was it.....

He bumped me back from the wonderland and somehow taught to balance between dreams and reality..

He has let me know how tricky things can be in the future but never stopped me from dreaming high, rather he dreamt my dreams with me.

I can see him coming back after a rough day and yet getting ready to attend my dance function with a lot of energy to cheer out loud when I was there on the stage. I was not a gifted child bringing home accolades everyday but he made me feel like a star of my own world, and that actually stemmed me up to get those accolades....My temper used to get pretty bad sometimes and I lock myself up in the room all day but later in the day I get a home delivery of my favorite icecream despite the fact that he detested them.

God sent Parents to this earth, because it was not possible for him to stay by our side always... I thank you God....Thank you so much !!! I donot know whether in this lifetime I can thank you enough for gifting the people, experiences and relationships that you gave me...



Comments

  1. awesome self realization expressed and bounded within pen point. Highly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Changing food habits of India- Do we recognise this business opportunity ??

My first Post!!

The Rising Sun !!